Using a small radiographic camera that is only slightly larger than a pen, we capture images of each tooth. This technology eliminates the need for developing or chemical processing of the images. Instead, they appear instantly on a computer screen as each scan is completed. By shifting the angle of the imaging wand only slightly, the dentist can capture every surface of every tooth.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays
- Exposes the patient to much less radiation than traditional X-rays
- Gray-scale resolution of 256 colors compared to 16 to 25 shades on conventional film, allowing for a more detailed, accurate analysis
- Immediately transfers images to a monitor so that the dentist can review and explain the information to the patient
- Images can be enlarged and saved for future reference
- Offers the ability to digitally compare your X-rays with one another
For more information on Dental Imaging, call Pilot Knob Dental Care at 952-679-7779 or make an appointment.